[thechat] Digicam advice

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 19:19:14 CDT 2004

Martin Burns wrote:
> On 22 Jul 2004, at 11:51, Madhu Menon wrote:
>
>> My father wants to acquire a compact digicam that also shoots decent
>> photos. It should preferably be available in UK (for around 200 quid.)
>

> Any of the Sonys in budget should be fine

We got a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 a few weeks ago. Real nice...
The lag on the old Kodak was bad, this one seems very fast.
It doesn't seem to eat batteries like the old camera.
It is 1/4 the weight.
It is 1/2 the size overall.
It has a 2.5in screen on the back.
I like it. So far. Manual is extensive and icons are challenging.
(and I don't know what a quid is...)