[thechat] OT - Seeking Laptop Advice

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Tue Aug 3 10:04:11 CDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 9:12 AM, Garrett Coakley wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 3, 2004  @619, Luther, Ron wrote:
>>
>> Got the greenlight to put in a request for a new machine at work.
>> I'd like a laptop.  And noooo ... I'm pretty sure a 17" G4 running
>> OS X is out of the question.  ;-P
>
> What about a 15"?

The guy in the desk next to me (systems administrator) convinced the
powers that be that an iBook was the answer for him - and got it. He's
fallen hard into the fold. It works very well for him. Unix core,
usable front end, business applications - what else do you need?

New Mac users are fun. They're amazed at how easy everything is.

bob