[thechat] Celtic vs Chelsea at Seattle en Espanol

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 11:22:24 CDT 2004

--- Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk> wrote:

> Someone tried to make a claim for most senior
> Scottish teams, citing:

I'm beginning to understand. I'm so accustomed to the
idiom of "Place name Team Name" I've been a bit off
balance with European teams. I see from another web
site now that at least some EPL teams follow this
idiom
even though the "Team Name" is seldom used as far as I
can see:

      Arsenal Gunners
      Chelsea Blues
      Liverpool Reds
      Manchester United Red Devils
      Tottenham Hotspurs

[snip interesting info saved off to a text file]

> But Celtic and Rangers are actually early examples
> of national football
> brands, simply because of their sectarian past -

Ah, I see.

> you still get buses
> leaving pretty much every town and city in Scotland
> (and NI too) to go see them play

Busses? Every town? How can that be? I've just been
checking ticket prices and I can't believe what I'm
seeing:

http://www.optasoccer.com/glasgow-celtics-soccer-tickets.html

It looks like *all* tickets are $265! Hmm, that's odd,

prices appear to be in dollars. Anyway, are those just

the *real good* seats?  Crikey!! Tickets for
Manchester
United vs Arsenal at Old Trafford Stadium  Manchester,
England on 10/24/2004 are $750 and $900!!!!!!!! Okay,
see that those are prolly not US dollars.* At

http://www.ticketsolutions.co.uk/order.php?event_id=924

tickets for the same game are £275 and £300. Add in
the
price of a plane ticket and I guess I'll be watching
EPL on tv only! Are there any cheap seats at all?

Terry

* even though optasoccer.com appears to live in
Bellevue, Washington.