[thechat] Celtic vs Chelsea at Seattle en Espanol

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 15:45:33 CDT 2004

--- William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:

>  here's the *real* pricing ...

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=43269&itype=1020&bPreview=true

http://www.celticfc.net/tickets/default.asp?id=prices

Ah, that's more reasonable!

> Just in case you need to register to see that
> celticfc.net page,

No registration needed, but I did register at
manutd.com; they sure do like the pop-ups!

> SPL game
> ticket prices for Celtic games are £25 for adults,
> £14 for under 16s and
> over 65s.  I paid £20 walking up to the park for a
> Celtic SPL home game last
> season (got it from a guy outside selling his
> ticket, no, not a tout!) and
> about £35 from the ticket office for a Celtic UEFA
> cup match at home.

So all I really need to worry about is that plane
ticket . . . oh dear.

> Oh, for a season ticket ...
>
> btw, apparently corporate hospitality isn't all that
> it's cracked up to be,
> not at Parkhead anyway - no colours to be worn, no
> shouting, no swearing ...

IOW, no enjoying the match.

> I mean I know you get nosh and booze but the best
> part of going to see a
> Scottish football match is screaming at the referee
> / opposing team / player
> on your team who's just fucked up that he's a
> fecking this and a fooking
> that at the top of your lungs, hoops scarf around
> your neck,

So "watching" a Scottish football match is not really
a spectator sport.

> mince pie in
> one hand and plastic cup of bovril in the other ...
> :)

"Bovril is the trademarked name of a thick, salty beef
extract, sold in a
distinctive, bulbous jar."

> "REFEREE, YE NEED TAE GET YER FECKIN' SPECS SEEN
> TAE!"

For some reason I feel the need to talk like a pirate.

Terry

Hmm, when is Talk Like a Pirate Day? Oh, 19 September!