[thechat] Traffic Light Cameras

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 03:23:17 CDT 2004

On Wed, August 18, 2004 1:53 am, deacon said:

> I wonder, if you add the environmental impact of *manufacturing* to
> the environmental impact of *operating* cars, how much advantage
> the Prius would have.

http://www.cleancarcampaign.org/prius.shtml
http://www.toyota.com/about/environment/news/enviroreport.html
http://www.priusview.com/news.asp

(all on the 1st page of Google results btw)

Where's the equivalent for your car?

> Manufacturing batteries is traditionally not a low-pollution industry.

Compared to, say, manufacturing cars as a whole... And say, doesn't your normal car also
have a battery?

Guys, would you stop picking holes - jealousy is *so* ugly.

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use, quickly  | Spammers: Send me email to
 become mere sounds, their etymology being    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <-