[thechat] Windows Based VHS to DVD Conversions

raustin3 at nc.rr.com raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 19 11:56:34 CDT 2004

 I've been looking at Windows based VHS to DVD conversion products from
Pinnacle Systems (Dazzle). I am sure there are other products available,
but I don't have any experience with the process. I'm looking for gotchas
and experiences.
 The list of products seem like they all do the same things. I'm sure
there are some differences, but it seems like the same as all the
brands of beans on the grocery store shelf to me. I don't need DVD
burning capabilities, just the converter from analog VHS to file, the
software to do some simple editing, and the conversion to DVD file
format.
 My significant other has about 1000 VHS tapes and much of the content
will never be available on store bought DVDs. Any ideas out there.
 Thanks, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet.