[thechat] Chile's tennis fighting for the medals

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Thu Aug 19 19:17:46 CDT 2004

Hi All

I've noticed that there hasn't been any olympic talk 'round here, at
least not lately.

I can't help sharing the thrill and joy of following my home country's
tennismen fight their hearts out, and getting good results: they both
won two matches each yesterday and today (single/double). If you're able
to see the matches on TV (not sure if they'll show them here) you should
keep an eye on them.

In singles, they are both on the semifinals tomorrow, vs. US, it would
be sweet to have them both win and battle the gold among each other! :-D
http://www.athens2004.com/en/TennisMen/results?frag=TEM001000_C75&discr=TE_C75_2&rsc=TEM001202&channel=TennisMen&lang=en

In doubles, the same guys are already in the final for gold.
http://www.athens2004.com/en/TennisMen/results?frag=TEM002000_C75&discr=TE_C75_3&rsc=TEM002202&channel=TennisMen&lang=en

:)
javier - in supperhappymode