[thechat] Weird-ass FTP problem

Madhu Menon chef at shiokfood.com
Sat Aug 28 02:56:58 CDT 2004

Hey folks.

My personal site and restaurant site are hosted with two separate people.
One is through the kindness of a fellow evolter.

So here's the problem. I'm trying to upload some pics to a folder on my
restaurant site. They look fine on my PC, but when I've uploaded them and
check them in the browser, lots of JPEG artifacts appear in the uploaded
version. I've checked several times to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.

This of course does not happen when I upload the same pics to my personal blog.

To see an example, here's a nice pic of my restaurant (audience: wowww!):
http://madmanweb.com/misc/shiok-pan.jpg

And here is the *same* pic uploaded on my restaurant site:

http://shiokfood.com/misc/shiok-pan.jpg

Where are they mystery artifacts coming from? How could it possibly happen
in the FTP process? I'm using FTP Voyager, FWIW.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon