[thechat] There's a new kid in town

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Aug 30 13:47:31 CDT 2004

> I know as a father, it is a TRULY harrowing experience.

I know I've heard this often enough, but can't say any of my five kids
involved anything unpleasantness on *my* part. First wife (mother of
four) would go off to the bedroom and ask to be alone until it was time
for the midwife to catch the falling infant at the edge of the bed. Of
course, she eventually requested my non-participation in *any* aspect of
her life, so maybe it was just a precursor of coming events.

New wife (commonly referred to as 'The Right One') was briefly, well,
aggressive ("GO GET THE NURSE NOW I'M GOING TO PUSH WHETHER SHE'S HERE
OR NOT") but, angry? abusive? unpleasant in any way? Never happened.

Which may all explain why I have five, and hope to have, oh, a few more.

Not that I like *watching*, mind you . . .

joel