[thechat] There's a new kid in town

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 03:41:00 CDT 2004

Stef wrote:

> My girl Stephanie gave birth today (mmmh, come to think of it, the
> short
> night I just spent tells me we're already 'tomorrow' so 'today' is
> already 'yesterday') to a little lady called Camille. Both mother and
> girly are fine :)

Beaucoup de félicitations, à tous les trois! Laissez le meilleur vous
avoir vu pour être le plus mauvais que vous voyez jamais (il sera !)

> Here are a few pictures if you want to see how a gracious young mother
> can smile just after such a trial:
> <http://www.nota-bene.org/article55.html>

À coeur vaillant rien d'impossible!

Camille's is just gorgeous! You've got about 10 years to practise
scaring off future boyfriends ;-) I favour the Bruce Willis theory of
killing the first one, and letting the news get around.

No wonder you're not looking at the camera - it's *really* hard when
you're holding something so beautiful and precious.

Nagrom wrote:

> I like watching...well, kind of....I mean, I like to see their face
> pop out
> of there. Mine have both popped out rather placidly, both stopped
> crying
> right away.
>
> That first look they give you always amazes me.
> Both times it looked like they were thinking,
> "Hey! Don't I know you?"
> and then,
> "Oh crud, I'm back *here* again? Where's my luggage."

Our Morgan was born in water, and just floated up with a look of
wonder... /me *loves* being there.

<fatherly advice>
Think of all the hobbies you had up until this weekend... now pick
*one* that you want to keep up...
</fatherly advice>

Cheers
Martin
(whose wife sells cloth nappies and delivers to France... *grin*)
- --
Now playing on iTunes: "Me Heart is in the 60s still" by The Saw
Doctors from 'All the Way from Tuam' - a hit from way back in 1994