[thechat] Marigolds?

Ashok Hariharan unganisha at hazard0us.org
Wed Sep 8 09:09:08 CDT 2004

Hi Ron:

Marigold extract is used in some types of cooking (my girlfriend uses it
often...but
she calls it 'calendula')

I ve not heard of people eat it straight (as shown in the movie...)...The
flower is used
extensively during weddings (and other ceremonies...), IMO in the movie it
was
as you put it a version 'stupid things guys falling in love do'

> There is one character who seems to spend most of the movie eating
> orange colored Marigolds.  What's up with that?
>
> Are the orange ones especially yummy? ... Or is this an Eastern
> version of 'stupid things guys falling in love do'?

cheers

--Ashok