[thechat] Recipes

Madhu Menon chef at shiokfood.com
Tue Sep 14 05:03:27 CDT 2004

At 22:46 01/09/2004, Alan McCoy wrote:
>I'm planning to try out the stir-fried tofu on this weekend.

How did it turn out? (I just posted another one)

>Also, my wife
>(who made a delish chicken curry last night) wanted to know if you have a
>good recipe for lamb saag.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of spinach, but yes, I do have a recipe. I
was going to type it out, but then laziness seized me and I Googled to see
if there was any recipe that looked similar.

This one comes close enough:

http://www.recipe-ideas.co.uk/recipes-1/Lamb%20With%20Spinach%20(Dilli%20Ka%20Saag%20Gosht).htm

or http://tinyurl.com/5ucpc

If you want a richer, creamier sauce, you can try folding some cream into
the sauce during the final stages of cooking and simmer for a while. (High
heat will kill the cream.)

This recipe uses a bit too much oil, IMHO. You can cut it down by half and
still make it work.

Tell me how it goes, Alan.

Regards,

Madhu