[thechat] San Jose Mercury News

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Fri Sep 17 21:08:50 CDT 2004

Just out of curiosity, I'm quite sure I remember that we have some evolters
from San Jose (or at least, the Bay Area). Can someone there give me an
idea what 'sort' of newspaper the Mercury News is?

Times of London? Washington Post? New York Times? USA Today? New York Post?
The (UK) Sun? Weekly World News?

Just curious, one of their journalists wants to interview me (??!?), and I
was wondering whether I'm setting myself up for some sort of truth-twisting
sex-scandal expose or whether it's actually reputable. I've heard of the
paper down here in Australia (as in, I'm familiar with the name), so it's
presumably either very reputable or very otherwise!

I'm doing the interview anyway, of course, famewhore that I am, I was just
curious.

Cheers,

Paul