[thechat] We *did* try -- but we're moving away

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Sep 24 06:57:14 CDT 2004

Stephane Deschamps noted:

>>We've just finished negociating to buy a nice little house, nice
>>surroundings, barbecue, and a spare room for friends. Anyone willing
>>to come to Paris (yeah, France) is welcome at our place, although it
>>will be approximately 45 minutes away from Paris itself.

Hi Stephane,

Congratulations!!  Sounds very nice! ... and yes, you are absolutely
correct ... little ones pick up on tension in the household.

(Oh, I would love to take you up on that offer ... I haven't been over
in ages ... [some day I'll scan in some nice old photos I took in
Giverny and Alencon] ... we'll just have to see!)     ;-)

Sorry to hear that you had to put your 'mom of the world' thing on
hiatus for a bit ... unreasonable people aren't fun - whatever
socio-economic circle they inhabit.  Perhaps you'll get more
satisfying opportunities again in the future.

Enjoy the new place (and the new little one!),

RonL.
(Who was completely unsuccessful in weaving in this most marvelous
phrase he overheard a Texan use yesterday:

<spoken in a slightly menacing - yet vaguely cubist manner />

"I'll show *him* how the cow chews it's cabbage!"

I laughed for 20 minutes ... Man, I'm just gonna *have* to find
a way to use that somehow!)