[thechat] cameras

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Sep 28 09:53:16 CDT 2004

Bob Davis asked:

>>Speaking of cameras, I'm looking hard at the Canon S60.

Hi Bob,

Sounds very nice:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0405/04051001canons60.asp

Seems to have a lot of nice features: bracketing, white balance,
sound on the movie clips ...

I like Canon ... Good company ... good products ... I have an old
Canon SLR that has served me well for a long time.

One of the trade-offs with the 'compact' little boogers is the
limited zoom range (28mm - 100mm). If that's okay, (135mm is a
pretty standard 'portrait' lens), then this looks like a pretty
nice choice.

>>(Oh, and I don't need 7MP, so the S70 isn't worth the money to me)

Agreed! ... Whoever heard of such a thing! ... Nobody needs 7MP! ....
That's just ....

Ooooo! ... Here's a lovely 8MP that was announced two weeks ago ...
with a 35mm-350mm zoom ... expected to be about a grand:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091603nikoncp8800.asp

Nikon brand add-ons take it down to 7mm!! ... and up to 600mm!

Yummy!!

the easily distracted,

RonL.

;-P