[thechat] Games Consoles

Lachlan Cannon lach at illuminosity.net
Wed Sep 29 10:04:11 CDT 2004

Tara Cleveland wrote:
> A few games that we both liked...
>
> Silent Hill 2, Max Payne (1 and 2), GTA, GTA Vice City, Red Dead
> Revolver, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness (come to think of it the
> controls really sucked - but it was still fun), Spiderman, Splinter Cell
> Pandora Tomorrow (Dave played the first one - I was too busy)

This reminded me, that if all the games you want are available on both
platforms, you should probably go for the xbox. It's the one area where
technical decisions should be a big influence, because having extra long
load times in games like Max Payne on the PS2 is a total pain in the
arse, and is bad enough to put you off finishing difficult spots.

> Since there's a new Playstation coming out and price is a concern - why
> not wait until the PS3 (or whatever it's called) comes out and the
> prices drop. I'd just read up on *when* it's coming out and see if you
> can hang on for long enough.

Eh, but then you'll be behind the times again. Plus that probably won't
be for at least another year and a half. Personally, I think it's best
to grab the older console now, enjoy it for a few years, and then get
the next one again when its price has also fallen, but there are still
new games coming out for it.
--
Lach
http://illuminosity.net/