[thechat] PS2 vs. Whatever

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Sep 29 13:05:35 CDT 2004

> play stuff together, we shouldn't buy a good old fashioned Nintendo 64
> and save a ton of cash? You can pick up all the classic stuff -- Super
> Mario Bothers, Carmageddon, Quake -- for £5 and the console itself is
> 1/3rd the price.
>
> So set me straight, please :)

Bingo. That's my route. Oldest son has 2 Xboxes, PS2 and 1, N64 and
multiple earlier iterations.

I used PS2 for Smuggler's Run. Period. Used Xbox for Halo, but not often
(I'm not a shoot 'em upper, and my second son could beat three of us at
once with one hand while snacking on chips and salsa, so it was
depressing.)

For the stuff I like (racing, adventure, etc.) I prefer the N64's
choices.

And, man, on a 36" TV like my ex owns . . .

joel