[thechat] Games Consoles

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 17:03:57 CDT 2004

Yeah, OK, sold :) Thanks for all the words of wisdom, everyone.

Since we're getting married and our friends and family seem happy for us
the have the jumbled variety of things (from coffee makers and blenders
to the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD and magical corkscrew openers) for which
we've registered, I very cheekily registered for a PS2*, an extrnal
controller, and a pack of memory cards. Aside from games, is there
anything else PS2-related I should put on the list?

<tortured registry consumerism guilt>

*For anyone reeling in horror that I/we would register for what adds up
to a £150 present, I don't really expect anyone to buy it. But one or
the other of us may have a *group* of friend who think it's a great
joint gift, plus I have a pack of very guilt-ridden relatives who are
*not* coming to our wedding, thereby saving themselves a grand in
airfare... and you just never know. (Jewish guilt is a powerful force.)
But I'm fully expecting that this is what we'll buy ourselves after the
wedding, and am planning for us to spend the holidays wrapped up in a
duvet with hot chocolate and controllers, attempting to kill each other.
Ah, geek romance :)

</tortured registry consumerism guilt>

--Sabrina

---