[thechat] US prez debates

Kath kath at cyber-kat.com
Sat Oct 2 09:10:48 CDT 2004

At 09:31 AM 10/1/2004, you wrote:
>Personally, I thought Kerry wiped the floor with Bush. But, I'm definitely
>biased and I've given up trying to understand the American public's
>perspective. Really, I just can't fathom why so many Americans seem to
>like Bush so much.

I definitely thought Kerry did a better job, but like you I watched with a
bias toward Kerry.  I was glad to see so many polls confirm my view.

Like you I also have no idea why Americans seem to be bamboozled by
Bush.  I've heard people say that he has a likeable personality.  I guess
my idea of a likeable person differ greatly from about 50% of the rest of
this country.  I'd much rather have a glass of Chenin Blanc with Kerry than
a Bud with Bush.  I'm not too fond of the "good ole boy" mentality.