[thechat] Bill Shatner's voice

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 09:46:56 CDT 2004

On Tue, October 5, 2004 2:37 am, Joel D Canfield said:
>> In the 60s, he sounds like he was on helium. Now, he's got
>> that deep voice
>> going.
>>
> Same thing happened to me. My vocal range used to match Johnny Nash ("I
> Can See Clearly" - note for note, no problem.) Now, it's nearly an
> octave lower. Just sort of happened over the last two years (+/-42 to my
> current 44.7 years)
>
> I chalk it up to a combination of stress reduction extraordinaire, and
> just plain getting older.
>
> Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin, in the same time period, has gone from
> blues screecher

mmm Immigrant Song

> to mellifluous baritone.

Noddy Holder, on the other hand...

Cheers
Martin
(getting increasingly annoyed that he can no longer sing all those high
harmonies he used to nail)

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train