[thechat] Bill Shatner's voice

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 09:49:51 CDT 2004

On Tue, October 5, 2004 6:51 am, William Anderson said:
>> If you've seen ST:TOS (and I know you have), you might notice that
>> there's a BIG difference between the voice of William Shatner (Capt.
>> Kirk) in the 1960s and his current voice (or even in the ST movies.)
>>
>> In the 60s, he sounds like he was on helium. Now, he's got that deep
>> voice going.

> Dude, he's *old*!  Shatner was in his mid-30s when he did the Trek show,
> now
> he's in his 70s - did you expect his voice to remain the same through
> 40-odd
> years?  Hell, look at what happened to Julie Andrews :(

Listening to the current HHGTG Radio 4 series as we all are (aren't we?),
there's a variation in how the cast's voices have deepened over the years.

Susan Sheridan's voice has lowered a *lot*;
Geoffrey McGivern's voice has lowered a bit;
Simon Jones' voice has changed not one jot.

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train