[thechat] The A-team: on the big screen

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Oct 12 17:49:13 CDT 2004

Madhu Menon wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Eighties' TV show The A-Team is being remade for the big screen.
>
> The series, which featured the action-packed adventures of "Hannibal"
> Smith, "BA" Baracus, "Faceman" Peck and "Howling Mad" Murdock, will be
> placed in a contemporary setting.

ARGH!  Hollywood, grow a fucking spine and show some originality!

* LESS remakes / retellings / reimaginings of old TV shows and movies
   (except for Battlestar Galactica and Oceans Eleven, they kicked ass)!
* LESS remakes of Japanese horror movies (except The Grudge)!  If you
   must rely on a book for material, at least make it *good* a la
   Bourne {Identity|Supremacy} and High Fidelity.
* MORE strange Lynchian lesbian snogfests with impenetrable plots,
   preferably starring Famke Janssen and Naomi Watts!
* MORE gamblefests like Requiem for a Dream, Clerks, Lost in Translation,
   and anything by the Cohen Brothers (note NOT Farrelly Brothers!)

SPINE!!!

Also, NO-ONE should play Hannibal Smith but George Peppard, and I fully
understand the problems this poses :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him