[thechat] World's coolest bass guitar?

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Thu Oct 14 08:32:29 CDT 2004

> Subject: [thechat] World's coolest bass guitar?
> Anybody played with one of these things?  Looks like it might be fun.

In my dreams. The Chapman stick is my holy grail. Would that I were
coordinated enough to even consider it.

Very, very cool sound; the tapping style playing (think Stanley Jordan)
run through a compressor or separate setups for each half - chorus on
the high strings, thin flat thump on the low strings. Or whatever you
want.

Show me an accordion player who can handle one of these, and I'll ask
for lessons (guess what my first instrument was, long ago forgotten . .
.)

Check around your local music scene. (Local?) Chances are some jazz club
in Houston or DFW has a regular who plays a Chapman. Worth going to see.

joel