[thechat] Bailing out...

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Oct 22 07:36:57 CDT 2004

Joel D Canfield chided Dave Fitch by noting:

>>Not often I get to do this on thechat: You're OFF TOPIC, Dave! ;)
>>[snip] web dev type stuff is the only thing *off* topic over here.

Ahem! ... and where is *your* 'anti-tip' Mr. Spinhead?   ;-)

<anti-tip>
Some folks (I'm one) get distracted by the lyrics so they can't listen
to non-instrumental rock at the office ... else they end up singing
along while debugging and/or tapping the keyboard in a shuffle rhythm.

How 'bout some nice instrumental jazz instead?

As a starting point, I'll recommend Earl Klugh, Bob James, Dave Sanborn,
Hubert Laws, Spyrogyra ... and, if you can find it, Flim and the BBs
(crank that first album all the way up to get an understanding of what
the phrase "dynamic range" REALLY means!)
</anti-tip>

Enjoy,

RonL.
(Musing that no one seems to ever mention f2o.org as a host anymore ...
Yeah, I know it's Dan ... and I remember the falling out ... but hey,
the guy has 'chops' ... you know it has to be a decent service.)