[thechat] ADSL - UK

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Oct 26 08:00:22 CDT 2004

Barry Sweeney wrote:
> chris at martiantechnologies.com wrote:
>>Dear all
>>
>>Can anyone recommend an ADSL provider in the UK? I don't care about
>>email, web space or any other peripherals - I just require a fast,
>>cost effective internet connection for home use. A static IP address
>>would be a plus, as would a contract with a get-out clause (anything
>>under 3 months notice seems reasonable to me).
>
> I've been very happy using Nildram for two or three years now.  Although I'm
> sure there are cheaper ISPs, if there has ever been a problem (twice) they
> have taken ownership and got it fixed. <http://www.getadsl.co.uk>
> <http://www.nildram.co.uk>

I was with Nildram from around Jan 2003 to last month - technically very
good, although their accounts dept can be a bast to deal with at times - I
finally received my June and July invoices about three weeks ago :P  Note
that Demon have just launched a 20-quid a month 512k deal with no usage caps
and (I think) static IP.

Duty binds me to recommend my current ISP, who are also my employer!
Lumison - http://www.lumison.net/ - are not the cheapest, but are very
stable and we have a lovely shiny new datacentre to boot (where I'm sitting
right now!).

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him