[thechat] things to do while in Ireland

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 03:25:00 CDT 2004

Hi Joel

The Mourne mountains are stunning, especially gorgeous in winter.  And I guess you'll have to take a trip to the Giant's Causeway  and you can drop into Bushmills.  There's a nice set of caverns near the border, which you can take a boat trip through.  Unfortunately I can't remember what they're called, although I can find out if you're interested.  And of course there's lots of interesting stone circles etc to have a look at (http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/home/ is your friend for such matters).

My wife would go mad at me suggesting this, but most people I know that have visited the North have gone to see some of the political murals.

Not going to suggest anywhere to eat, most of the places I've eaten have been in the North , and maybe I'm overly blasé about this, but none of them really stand out.  However I did have a lovely time eating the excellent sandwiches and drinking some very nice cocktails in the lounge of the Four Seasons in Dublin.

How far are you willing to travel from Ireland?

Norman