[thechat] unusual gifts....

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Mon Nov 8 09:48:42 CST 2004

Ashok Hariharan noted:

>>shes italian, big into environmental & social-upliftment stuff,
>>has a very good sense of humor, is violently vegetarian, likes meeting
>>people, likes being surprised, likes travelling, is mildly religious,

Hi Ashok!

Congrats! ... She sounds like fun!

Hmmmm ... how 'bout taking a page from Bri's thread and taking her
on one of those 'active' outings?  Maybe a white water rafting trip?
Those can be fun and, if not too far away, not too expensive.

Another possibility is to hook into one of those 'tag the sea turtles'
kind of science volunteer projects ... very "green" ... very "social
conscious" kind of thing.  I don't remember where to connect into those -
but there might be some links here:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/sustainable/travelers.html

With descreased budgets and increased interest in 'eco-tourism' there
should be a bunch to choose from. The last time I figured out where
to find those I was surprised how many there were to choose from (*).

HTH,

RonL.
((*) Sadly the gf at the time had no interest in 'tagging' wild gators
... it was about an 90 minute drive south of me and would have been keen
fun! ... Whoa! It's November again [breeding season] ... I'm gonna have
to head back down to that park this month ... the big boogers should be
out and about! Photo op! Photo op!)  ;-)

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/brazos/hist.phtml

... I'm still a bit confused about this park having tent camping
facilities!?!?  Must be part of a local 'Darwin' project!