[thechat] economical travel within Ireland

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 16:12:44 CST 2004

On Mon, November 22, 2004 5:24 pm, Joel D Canfield said:
> 49 days from departure, and we've realized we're going to have to
> economize even more than expected (not entirely a bad thing, but cause
> for rethinking some things.)
>
> Any suggestions for the most economical method of travel around Ireland?
> We'll be way southwest, on Valentia Island. Trains don't seem to come
> close, buses don't seem to come closer than Caherciveen (maybe
> Portmagee?)
>
> We're not stuck on the idea of having our own car (at least, not for
> EU700 for the month) and we're not averse to a good walk.
>
> We're just looking for the best way to see as many parts of the country
> as we can in our month there, without spending the entire budget on
> travel.

Buy yersel's a fridge and hitchike.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0091867770/martin043

Seriously - even without the fridge. We've often hitchiked round the
Scottish islands and it's been great.

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train

Wooden toys for toddlers:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95
Cute Baby Socks: