[thechat] Shiok's celebration

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Dec 20 08:30:22 CST 2004

> I know you guys can't be here, but please do take a look at
> the menus,
> which I've linked to on the home page - www.shiokfood.com

So now my pedestrian American breakfast ideas are shot to hell. Wonder
where I can get something in a lime coconut sauce at 6 in the morning in
Sacramento?

Madhu, these menus are spectacular. Obvious indication of a creative
mind that *loves* cooking - and maybe eating, too ;)

> PS: Joel and others, we did have a celebration on the
> birthday. We had a
> "raffle" where guests had to pick a token from a basket and
> they got a
> random prize - from a discount to a free meal. It was quite the hit.

That was an excellent idea; the 'audience participation' part. Cool!

joel, preparing for his own first anniversary this coming Sunday . . .
http://OurHeartsEntwined.com/