[thechat] Bailey's Irish Cream

thechat at cjmarsh.com thechat at cjmarsh.com
Sun Jan 2 09:14:06 CST 2005

Madhu

> I was having a discussion about Bailey's with someone. He says that
> Bailey's has chocolate as one of the ingredients, and indeed
> some pages on
> the Web do mention cream, sugar, chocolate, and eggs (?)
>
> The Bailey's site, however, merely says it's cream blended
> with Irish whisky.
>
> So what's the truth? Any of you know?

I have a bottle in front of me, and the labels quotes ingredients thus:

"Baileys is a natural marriage of fresh irish cream, the finest of
spirits and Irish whisky." I believe that in the UK at least they would
be breaking the law if it contained anything else that was not mentioned
on the label as an ingredient.

Regards

Chris Marsh