[thechat] Beervolt

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 02:51:15 CST 2005

Madhu Menon wrote:

> At 02:33 11/01/2005, Garrett Coakley wrote:
>
>> Cool, you going to come along to the next London Beervolt then?
>
> And now you can have it at any time of the day:
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1507&ncid=1507&e=4&u=/
> afp/20050111/hl_afp/afplifestylebritain_050111152701

I can't wait for this to happen. 11:00 pub closing times suck.
It's amazing the difference between nights out when I'm in Scotland than
England. Nights out there tend to start late, and are fairly relaxed as
there's no rush to leave the pubs to get to clubs etc.
In England there's no point going on a night out after 8 or 9pm if you
don't want to go to a club as you only get a couple of hours at the pub.

--
R.Livsey
www.livsey.org

That's not exactly true.  We already have quite a few pubs that offer
late licenses.  Certainly where I live there's four pubs which regularly
stay open until 1am.

Personally I'd rather go the other way.  Alcohol causes nothing but
trouble, and I'd be happy to see it becoming less available.  I'm with
the majority of policemen and doctors on this one.

Norman