[thechat] outburst

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 10:04:06 CST 2005

On Mon, January 17, 2005 2:12 pm, Alex Beston said:

>> Don't 'CC' - it's bad! Find out why here:
>> http://www.message.uk.com/articles/cc.php

Can be in the context mentioned there. But it's very useful if used as
intended: "These people are not the addressed recipient(s), but they need
to know that this has been sent, and it's useful for all parties to know
that they know".

Top use: We've worked together on a job, you've done a really good job,
and I'm emailing you to say so. I cc your boss. You now have a boss who
knows you've done a good job, and you know she knows. Come annual
appraisal time, good things can now happen without you having to jump
through any more hoops.

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train

Wooden toys for toddlers:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95
Cute Baby Socks: