[thechat] outburst

deacon web at master.gen.in.us
Wed Jan 19 06:53:45 CST 2005

On 19 Jan 2005 at 8:39, Martin Burns wrote:

> But but but women 'Lack Natural Ability' in those areas - the president of
> Harvard says so
> http://www.local6.com/education/4090001/detail.html
> so it *must* be true

We accept that, on average, women live longer than men, that they
are shorter and lighter than men, and that they have monthly cravings
for chocolate. We can look at PET scans and see that, on average,
there are differences in the brain.

Why is it so unacceptable to recognize that perhaps *some* of the
differences in aptitude might be biochemical as opposed to being due
to women's oppression of men?

I'm sure Jonathon Swift had something to say on the subject, but I'll be
damned if I can remember what it was. If a man says something in the
middle of the forest, but there is nobody around to hear it, is he still
wrong?

deke

--
AmishHosting.Com