[thechat] outburst

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jan 21 13:53:27 CST 2005

deacon wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Of the female jobs, how many of them require constant heavy
> exertion? None of them. (Nursing requires turning a body once in a
> while, but not constantly.)

Clearly you've never worked in a nursing environment, and "female jobs"?
Many male nurses would take dispute with your sweeping generalisation of
their career path.

> Of the female jobs, how many leave you clean enough to go to a
> restaurant with tablecloths after work? All of them.

Funny, my job does the same.  Am I a woman?

> Of the female jobs, how many are as physically dangerous as working
> on scaffolding, or having drunk drivers aiming vehicles at you, or
> operating sharp tools rotating at high speeds, or scooping snow off icy
> sidewalks? None of them.

What the hell are these "female jobs" you're alluding to?  I will wager
there are few jobs left that are solely the preserve of women to hold them,
and of those there will still be some that could conceivably present a
danger to life in the right (or wrong, I suppose) circumstances.

> Of the female jobs, how many typically require you to be away from
> home overnight? None of them.

Fucking hell mate, you need a slap but hard.  Or do nurses, who you seem to
characterise as a 'women-only' career, not work night shifts where you are?
 My mother has worked as a mental health nurse for the last 30-odd years,
and night shift for around 25 of those.  Explain that, chauvinist-boy.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | "There's something about records which is
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |  really satisfying."

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Lumison, nplusone or lightershade ltd.
presence of viruses.  Lumison, nplusone and lightershade ltd accepts no

Virus scanned by Lumison.