[thechat] Win FAT Repair Utility?

chris hardy lists at semioticpixels.com
Fri Jan 21 16:40:34 CST 2005

bummer about the data - if you have another computer available, you may be
able to use knoppix to boot and transfer files over the network.

at the bottom of this page is a list of switches for scandisk. you could try
/all to get it to fix the disk automatically.

http://www.computerhope.com/software/scandisk.htm#04

If that didn't work, I'd just wipe it, repartition it, and reformat.

I do have to tell you though that Millenium was the final straw in our
household to switching away from MS operating systems altogether.

hth
-chris