[thechat] Win FAT Repair Utility?

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Jan 26 13:06:38 CST 2005

Ashok Hariharan suggested:

>>i did use a utility called "tiramisu" a few years back which seemed to do
>>the trick

Hi Ashok!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately ... we have, so far, been unable to revive the laptop.
(The owner of said laptop is a cattle rancher. Some Texas cattle
ranchers have a penchant for kicking and/or punching things (steers /
tractors / ducks / laptops) ... that they happen view as 'misbehaving'.)

We suspect there may now be a physical error somewhere within Track 0
where Windows is attempting to place the FAT. No joy.

We went out to a few shops last night comparison shopping for a replacement.

Thanks Anyway!

RonL.

(Man, I wish they wouldn't kick those ducks! ...
It leaves nasty footprints on the ones you manage to bucket!)