[thechat] Road Trip in US

David Wagner medialyte at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 00:16:22 CST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:52:52 -0500, Roger Austin <raustin3 at nc.rr.com> wrote:

>   Anyone have any "don't miss" / "don't bother" ideas for
> destinations along the way. We don't do hiking due to age, but
> museums, scenery, arts, crafts, etc. would be very welcome.

If I ever travel to Wisconsin again, I'll go to the House on the Rock.
>From what I understand, it's an attraction built entirely upon its own
fame -- it has no special significance, it's just a place people go.
It has a kind of mystique built up about it now.

http://www.thehouseontherock.com/

It seems fascinating. And it's right on your way home.

I guess Milwaukee is kinda on your way home, too, but I'd skip it if I
were you. If you end up there by accident, eat at Mama Mia's on
Greenfield Ave. Greasiest, saltiest, most wonderful garlic bread in
the universe.

--

David Wagner
medialyte at gmail.com