[thechat] Mouldy Grouting

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Mar 22 07:35:17 CST 2005

William Anderson asked:

>>[guitar weedling]
>>na na, na naaa, na na naaaa naaaa .... *THUNDER*!
>>... not an AC/DC fan? :)

Hi William!

Naturalmu! ... Once an Angus fan ... Ever an Angus fan!   ;-)

[Although Martin's digression covering a range from Chi Coltrane
(Good grief! I haven't had *that* song run through my head for a
few decades!) to Buddy Guy (or did you mean Steve Cropper?) was
a bit more diverse.]

I guess it covers quite a bit of ground ... from Garth Brook's
'Thunder Rolls' to the Boss's 'Thunder Road'. {Gee, I thought
there was a line about thunder in Red Ryder's 'Lunatic Fringe',
but the lyric sites seem to think I'm hallucinating ... Again!}

Hmmm ... Fumbling around looking for 'Thunder' songs this morning
turned up a link to Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Songs of All Time":
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6596661/sort/rank/pagenum/1

Now playing in my head - Robert Cray's "The Forecast Calls for Pain".

RonL.
(Who remembers how to play the intro to 'Back in Black' ... (Always good

for a funny look when someone hands you an acoustic guitar!) ... but
[Dang!]
sadly realizes he has forgotten the signature riff from 'Highway to
Hell'
he used to play! Hmmm ... I'll have to look that up and relearn it when
I get a chance.)