[thechat] Simple Blog // Ski-Fish Questions

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Tue Apr 5 13:06:44 CDT 2005

> Any tips on water skiing / wake boarding?
> Recommendations for 'total beginner' gear?

How about a stretcher with bouys on it,
 and a waterproof defibrillator?
http://www.defibcentral.com/product.php?productid=16171&cat=0&page=1

> Tips on driving for skiiers/boarders? I've heard "get up to 20-22
> QUICKLY and hold it there and keep it straight" ... but that's pretty
> much the sum total of my training for driving a ski boat. Right? Wrong?
> Close enough?

http://www.waterski-az.co.uk/safety.htm
"If you have no way of calling for help, you may have to get the casualty
back to dry land.  If you have no choice and need to move a casualty with a
neck injury back to dry and, do so very slowly. "

well, you'll certainly find out which kids got dad's brains, eh?
my money is on those who decide to watch from the shore a bit first....

nagrom