[thechat] Pet Hate

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Tue May 24 17:42:25 CDT 2005

While I'm with you on the broad point, I reject the idea that "not at all"
is an inappropriate response to "thank you." Likewise, I think "no problem"
would be perfectly fine in casual conversation. I am not suggesting that we
treat our friends less politely than strangers but that our language can be
less formal. Why not?

--Sabrina