[thechat] Ping

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 19:52:58 CDT 2005

> >>I'm a big bicycle-drooler these days. Riding my first
> >>(imperial) century on July 24. Whee!
>
> Very Nice!  100 miles, eh?  ... Minimum sweat!!   ;-)
>
> Cool looking jersey! ... Then again ... for $63 - it oughtta be!
>
> You sure 'bout that date?  Maybe I'm on the wrong site - New River
> Valley Bicycle Assoc outta Blacksburg, Virginia?  [Sorry - can't
> remember zactly where you zipped off to.] Their website seems to

Such a memory -- I'm in Richmond, and the ride is the Powhatan Tour
de Vin, in conjunction with their wine festival:
http://www.powhatanchamberofcommerce.org/PowhatansFestivalOfTheGrape2005.htm

I'm thinking of the Blue Ridge Extreme as well, though only the
metric (100Km, 62mi) because 8000+ft of climbing just scares me lol
(http://www.blueridgeextreme.com/).

Cycling has officially replaced hockey, though I still strap the
skates on once a week. I'm riding 80-120mi/week, and loving every
minute of it :)

Are you (still) 'round these parts?