[thechat] Ping

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Jun 24 10:01:31 CDT 2005

Scott Dexter noted:

>>I'm in Richmond, and the ride is the Powhatan Tour de Vin, in
>>conjunction with their wine festival:
>>http://www.powhatanchamberofcommerce.org/PowhatansFestivalOfTheGrape20
05.htm

Whoa!  Sounds nice.  The 'historic rest stops' bit sounds especially
neat.  Should be some very pretty countryside there!

Any recommendations for Virginia wines?  (We're currently finishing
off the last of a very nice case we brought back from Grapevine about
2 months ago. The Johannisberg Riesling was especially yummy!)
[Sez Ron who is excitied about the recent US Supreme Court decision
that is expected to 'open up' the shipping regulations for wine
transport in the US!]

>>I'm thinking of the Blue Ridge Extreme as well, though only the
>>metric (100Km, 62mi) because 8000+ft of climbing just scares me
>>(http://www.blueridgeextreme.com/).

Bah! Remember ... What doesn't kill you -- only leaves you crippled
and embittered for life! ... No ... Wait ... (Well, it was something
like that anyway.)

The 'half metric century' sounded kinda nice.

>>Cycling has officially replaced hockey, though I still strap the
>>skates on once a week. I'm riding 80-120mi/week, and loving every
>>minute of it :)

Super!  (It's good exercise ... and ... if you ride like that guy
in "American Flyer" ... You still get to hit people!  YES!!)

;-)

I don't do much riding anymore.  Ever since my infamous 'X-Games
Incident' the bikes have kinda been rotting away in the garage.

I have started working out again though.  Been on a fairly serious
regimen for about 4 months now.  Starting to see some results.

>>Are you (still) 'round these parts?

We're still in Houston.  I've started volunteering at the zoo here.
Still looking to retire to Lake Travis over in Austin ... eventually.
(But I gotta get that fancy boat first!)  ;-)

Keep Pedaling ... They may be gaining on you!   ;-)

RonL.