[thechat] Ping

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Jun 24 11:43:23 CDT 2005

Aardvark mentioned:

>>just rented the new Appleseed last weekend... i'm not such a fan of
>>computer animation for characters, although it looks great on the
>>mech...

Hi Aardy!

Yeah, I agree with you there.  Have you seen VanDread?  I just
finished watching the 8 disc VanDread series.  They restricted
the CG to the mech battle scenes.  Initially I found it a little
jarring to go back and forth from CG to cell ... but overall,
I think it worked pretty well.

I will check out Appleseed, but I've got quite a bit of anime
already queued up ...

* Caught the first two episodes of the 4 disc Ikki Tousen series
last night.  Man, I sure hope it gets better than that ... cuz
that certainly wasn't very good.  ;-(       Thumbs down so far.

* Got 7 of the old Mahoro discs queued up.  Caught a few of the
manga on a recent plane ride, looked like fun, thought I'd check
out the videos.

* Got the 9 disc Marmalade Boy series queued up after that.

... and some singles sprinkled in here and there ...

"3 ... 2 ... 1 ... Let's Jam!"

RonL.