[thechat] Biker Dex?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Jul 27 15:12:16 CDT 2005

Congrats to Scott Dexter for completing his first century!!

>>I did a lengthy write up here:
>>(http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=124763)

Nice writeup!   Very cool!   Sounds like you had a really fun ride!

(It also sounds like you did quite well!  17.2 over a 100
mile stretch with hills and stuff sounds pretty darn
respectable!)

>>--warning, it's very bike-geek.

Pshht, not! ... Well okay, maybe the gear ratio / tooth count
stuff ... But overall it was very accessible for us non-bike folks.

>>Got very lucky with the weather, it was hot before and
>>record-hot after (today's heat index is near 120 :o) ...

Yeah. I've been hearing about that heat thang.  Very strange.
It's like the whole country has Texas-envy.     ;-P

Cheers!
(I'll raise a glass to you while I'm in Austin this weekend!)

RonL.