[thechat] Music to Boat To?

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Wed Aug 3 21:01:48 CDT 2005

On 3/08/2005 3:39 PM -0500 Luther, Ron wrote:
> I'm sure a lot of folks here have put together 'drive time'
> and 'car' and 'car trip' music disks ... How 'bout some
> suggestions for a _boat music_ compilation disk.

> But I need more upbeat stuff!

You would be hard pressed to top M Ward's "Big Boat", which contains some
of the best lyrics ever committed to any recording medium, ever:

	Well he says he's got a big boat
	With a high roof
	And everybody knows its name
	Oh, it's a big boat
	And it pumps up a poor boy's pride
	He says he's got a big boat
	But it's a ferryboat and that makes for a short, short ride.

Best of all, it's available free -- all legal-like, too -- thanks to Amazon

	http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00092QGSE/

Cheers,

Paul