[thechat] Music to Boat To?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Aug 4 14:00:54 CDT 2005

M(r) Kelsey belayed:

>>Arrrr! Maybe I'll pull a needle out of my eye, fire up the old
>>"Dual" and make ye some tapes, ye scalliwag!

Arrrr! Bring it on ... ye scurvy dog!
(Sez Ron - who still hasn't forgotten his threat so send
an old 6502 machine your way some time! So there! Pfttth!)

>>What about "Island's in the Stream", by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers?

Uh ... I believe thats what's known round these parts as an
"Oh Helllllllll No!"

(<shuddering /> Oh great ... Now I have flashbacks to being forced
into that particular duet on my one [and only] karaoke outing.

<Dr. Smith voice /> Oh the pain! The pain!

It got worse ... damn MC kept turning _my_ mike up and hers down!
Arrrrgh!)

>>In fact, I think the *only* place *anyone* should be allowed to
>>play Breezin' is out on a boat, far, far, away from the rest of
>>humanity.

Hey!  I think I *have* that CD!   Kewl!   ;-P

>>"Songs of the Humpback Whale" (might be risky).

Hmmm ... Sounds like a variant of "The Wizard's Staff Has a Knob
On The End"!  A very catchy folk-tune as I recall!  (Then again,
perhaps it was merely 'infectious'?)

>>Ah, to christen a vessel on International Talk Like a Pirate Day....
>>Shiver me timbers!

Aye laddie!  <raises cup 'o grog />

"All I ask is a tall ship ... and a comely lass to sail 'er fo' me!"

Capt'n Rrrrron