[thechat] mp3 player recommendations

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Sep 20 06:03:39 CDT 2005

Canfield, Joel wrote:
> Finally looking for an MP3 player. Primary use would be my car, which
> has a cassette player, no CD. Sound quality, particlarly NOT SKIPPING
> WHILE I'M SLAMMING THROUGH POTHOLES but including broad frequency
> response, is important. Though I have a Linux box and a Mac, PCs are my
> primary platform.

Get thee a 40gb Apple iPod and a Griffin Smartdeck (a cassette adapter that
plugs into the ipod, and you control the ipod from your play / pause /
fastfwd / rewind / source / mute buttons) - the smartdeck isn't out yet, but
you can preorder now for something like 35 bucks.  More useful than one of
those silly FM transmitter things :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has