[thechat] Rita...

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Wed Sep 28 09:49:26 CDT 2005

> Everyone is okay.  Everything is okay.

Really good to hear.

I can't even imagine the whole thing. The last time weather impacted my
life in any meaningful manner was a tornado warning when I lived in
Wisconsin. We spent half the night in the basement, in the dark,
listening to the radio.

I guess the fact that I still have vivid mental images of it over 40
years later says something about the effect on the human psyche of sheer
helplessness in the face of forces beyond us.

joel