[thechat] Low End Camcorder Suggestions?

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Wed Oct 19 13:19:13 CDT 2005

On 19 Oct 2005 at 11:32, Luther, Ron wrote:
[...]
> >>miniDV...
> >>firewire out...
>
> Ah! Okay. (Quickly looks up "miniDV") I see a couple of Canon's with
> these around the $350 range. That might work. I'll have to check to see
> if the kid's 'puter can handle firewire.

if not, a lot of them have USB out as well, although not all of them
support video out via USB, just still images... the video cam i
trucked around spain and bring to martial arts events, too... handles
both well... can't remember the model, though...

also, if it can accept an external microphone, that's good... but
only if you care... nightvision is usually included... plug for
headphones is good if you want to make sure you can hear...

and so on...

[...]
> [Heck, you're even more of a 'bad influence' than that ... Netflix
> should have shipped "Appleseed" to me yesterday!]

mmm.... apples.... and anime....

i love how the mech looks... but that's just me...