[thechat] Tips on hosting a cocktail party

Madhu Menon chef at shiokfood.com
Wed Nov 16 23:03:09 CST 2005

Hi folks.

I'm hosting a cocktail party at my house for some good friends this weekend. About 10-12 people are expected to attend. I'm generally a private person and this is the first party I've thrown, so I look to you folks for tips that you'd like to share. I plan to have pitchers of perhaps 4-5 cocktails, with some sangria on the side. My goal is to make myself as free as possible to chat and have fun with my friends instead of being stuck playing host. I'm going to serve only snacks, not dinner.

Please do share your experiences.

Regards,

Madhu